How To Eat…
I was about to enjoy my grapefruit the other day while on the phone with Ladybird Dyan, and we got to talking about posting on simple everyday things. I thought about posting on How to Eat A Grapefruit, which lead to us having a short conversation about grapefruit. It went something like this. . .
LB Dyan: “You like grapefruit?”
Me: “Yes! You like them?”
LB Dyan: “I don’t care for grapefruit”
Me: “Ohhhh. . . they’re so good!”
LB Dyan: “How do you eat it? Do you peel it or use a grapefruit spoon?”
Me: “Grapefruit spoon? Didn’t know about that!”
LB Dyan: “Yeah, my co-worker uses one when she eats grapefruit”
Me: “Wow! Let me look that up!” (searches internet)
Me: “Wow, there are a lot of grapefruit spoons out there! Plenty to choose from. . . think I will have to get me one!”
LB Dyan: *chuckles*
Me: ” Thanks, I think I’m doing a post on grapefruit”
Soooo, here it goes Blah Blah Bird readers… How I Eat A Grapefruit!!! Many people don’t care for grapefruit, because of its bitter sweet taste, but I love it! I prefer to eat my grapefruit right out the fridge, sliced in half, in a bowl, with a spoon, and never peeled.
1. You have to know how to pick a grapefruit. I chatted with one of the employees at Wholefoods about how to pick the best grapefruit. He informed me that the more blemishes or scarring on a grapefruit, the more sweet (I already knew that, but wanted to make sure. My mom told me that years ago). The scarring on a grapefruit are bee stings. Bees love sweet nectar, so the scarring is a sure indication that the grapefruit is sweet. This goes for other citrus fruits too.
2. Use a good sharp knife to slice it horizontally down the middle.
Voila!!! So bright and pretty. . .ready to dig in.
3. Take a paring knife or a small sharp knife to cut around the edges to separate the meat from the skin.
4. Place the cut half in your favorite bowl and pack the other half away for later. I always eat mine in a cheery colorful bowl!
Isn’t it so pretty and yummy looking? 🙂
5. Use a grapefruit spoon or regular spoon to dig in and ENJOY!!!
6. Make sure you get all the juice out. Ohhhh, it’s so refreshing!
Enjoy it for breakfast or a little snack in the evening to satisfy that sweet craving!
How Do You Eat A GRAPEFRUIT?
Have A Sweet Day!